Joss has been a trusted adviser to senior leaders for more than 25 years, having worked in-house as a strategy, change and communications partner to CEOs, divisional leaders and general managers, with extensive experience in the Pharmaceutical, Financial Services and Property/Real Estate sectors. He has long experience as a member of management teams driving change and performance in commercial, supply chain and corporate headquarters arenas, and has led communications functions at country, divisional and global levels for Barclays and GlaxoSmithKline.
Having worked for complex, global companies, Joss understands the demands facing leaders and organisations today. He has helped many senior leaders to achieve their goals and advised on a range of change and transformation programmes, including supporting new CEOs, launching business strategies, driving behaviour and culture change, restructuring, integration following mergers and acquisitions, and deploying transformational technologies.
Since leaving GSK in 2018, Joss has worked with clients in a range of sectors as an independent consultant and coach. He acts as a thinking partner for leaders, supporting their development and increased impact, and uses his deep know-how in employee engagement, change and culture to advise organisations on transformation.
Joss has coached leaders at different levels and stages in their careers, across different disciplines and sectors, including Chemicals, Construction, Insurance, Management Consultancy, Media, Pharmaceuticals, Retail and Technology. His clients come from many different countries, including Canada, USA, Ireland, Switzerland, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore, among others.
Intuitive, insightful and inspiring, Joss specialises in helping clients in the following areas:
- Accelerating performance – helping leaders and teams to clarify their purpose, values, strategy and story as a powerful framework for alignment, change and performance
- Leadership presence and communication – helping leaders become more authentic, empathetic and inclusive to create connection and inspire others
- Organisational culture, change and transformation – instilling a people-centric approach to transformation, developing catalytic leadership and building an agile culture
- Employee experience and engagement – guiding organisations how to retain, attract, engage and motivate their employees through a world-class experience that creates advantage
- Navigating challenges and difficult decisions – helping leaders to think clearly and lead well, with a focus on adaptive change and empathetic engagement
Joss is a qualified coach (Henley Business School), member of the Association for Coaching and certified Lumina Learning practitioner. He is also a speaker and experienced facilitator, with particular expertise delivering experiential and interactive courses with an emphasis on communication, self-awareness, empathy, listening, leadership style and presence.